ALL AMERICAN SMOKERS TEAM
SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER TODAY
2021 Rules & INFORMATION
BBQ COMPETITION INFO
Master Series Contest has the 4 main categories. Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork, and Brisket. The cooking source at a Master Series shall be of wood, wood pellets or charcoal. KCBS Rules and regulations apply. Master Series are eligible for American Royal and Jack Daniels World Championship, upon meeting qualifying criteria. In addition, all teams who participate in a Master Series earn points towards KCBS Team of the Year awards presented at our annual banquet. Prize money dependent on registrants.
Accomodations - FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
These event has 2 categories chicken and ribs. The cooking source at a stand-alone backyard contest shall be of wood, wood pellets or charcoal. KCBS Backyard Rule and regulations apply. Prize money dependent on registrants.
Pork CHOP COMPETITION
Rules For Teams
National Pork Board Pork Chop – KCBS Ancillary Category Rules
1. A bone-in Pork Chop must be the primary protein in the entry. Other proteins may be used in a supporting role (e.g., bacon-wrapped or sausage-stuffed). The Pork Chop must be bone-in, cooked with bone attached, and served on the bone. The Pork Chop shall be a Porterhouse Pork Chop, Ribeye Pork Chop, Sirloin Pork Chop, or a Blade Chop as long as it is bone-in. Cook Teams are to provide their own Pork Chops and shall be subject to meat inspection. Pre-cooked thickness shall be between 1 and 1-1/2 inch.
2. All KCBS Master Series Rules and Regulations shall apply with the following exceptions:
a. You are NOT required to present in the provided Styrofoam container. If not using the Styrofoam container, the overall size shall not exceed 18 x 24 inches and a maximum height of 18-inches. One person must be able to easily carry the entry. A 22-inch round or a barrel head is also acceptable. The Styrofoam container number must be affixed in a visible location when using an alternative container or tray.
b. Only one entry per team is allowed. At the cook’s discretion, you may turn-in either:
i. A minimum of six (6) separate bone-in portions -or-
ii. One (1) bone-in portion plus a minimum of six (6) separate boneless portions for Taste and Tenderness. The boneless pieces must come from the same bone-in cut and cooked as the presentation chop.
c. Accompanying or complementary edible ingredients ARE allowed (e.g., mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, relish, fruits, vegetables, cheese, bread, etc.). If used, these shall be part of the individual serving portions and cannot be used as a container garnish.
d. Contest Organizers are not responsible for returning trays, bowls, decorations, or any other items used for turn-in if team elects not to use the Styrofoam container.
National Pork Board Kids ‘Que – KCBS Ancillary Category Rules
1. There will be 2 age divisions, ages 10 and under, and ages 11 through 15.
a. Ages 10 and under shall cook ground pork (Younger)
b. Ages 11 through 15 shall cook boneless pork chops (Older)
2. Each entry submitted shall be cooked by one child only.
3. Cooks are to provide their own meat and shall be subject to meat inspection.
4. A supervising adult must be present with the child during the entire cooking competition and may help with cutting, preparing or maintaining the heat source, or anything deemed dangerous. The supervising adult may also assist with checking the final temperature of the protein.
5. The supervising adult should allow the child to make their own decisions; however, they are allowed to coach verbally. Remember that this should be fun for the child and allowing the child to make their own decisions is part of the experience.
6. The child must do the preparation, cooking, and presentation. This means that the child should be able to put his/her own protein on the grill/smoker, turn his/her own protein on the grill/smoker, remove the protein from the grill/smoker, and do all garnishing (if garnish is being used). If a child is unable to do all of these, he/she may not possess the skill to cook.
7. All KCBS Master Series rules shall apply with the following exceptions:
a. Cooks are encouraged to turn-in at least six (6) separate, identifiable portions just like with Master Series. However, this will not impact the judge’s scores, positively or negatively, nor lead to a disqualification. If needed, judges will be prepared to slice / divide the entry as presented at the judging table.
b. KCBS rules on garnish do NOT apply. Additionally, other proteins may be used in a supporting role (e.g., bacon) as long as the ground pork (Younger) or boneless pork chop (Older) remains the primary protein. Accompanying or complementary ingredients (e.g., vegetables, cheese, buns/bread, fruits, etc.) are also allowed.
c. Team space may be shared by individual Kids ‘Que participants and use the same cooking device or grill/smoker.
Holiday Inn Bonifay - Ask for Vicky and share you are with All American Smokers
$99 nightly rate
Address: 115 Washington Dr, Bonifay, FL 32425
Only 35 spaces are available for this exclusive event. Please be sure and register early for your space. There is an additional fee for an RV space. Once spaces are sold out we cannot accommodate additional teams. Reserve your spot at time of reservation.
Judges Application (KCBS JUDGING)
KCBS judges should log in to the KCBS website to register.
TURKEY SMOKE COMPETITION
Turkey Smoke is a KCBS ancillary competition category, presented in partnership with the National Turkey Federation. From tried-and-true traditional smoked and sliced turkey to preparations with a unique twist, the goal of the Turkey Smoke category is to highlight the applications and versatility of turkey in barbeque. Please note that the rules for Turkey Smoke have changed since the 2020 season and these updated 2021 rules should be read carefully prior to competing.
Turkey Smoke Rules – 2021
Turkey must be the primary protein in the entry. Other proteins may be used in a supporting role (e.g., bacon-wrapped or sausage-stuffed). Sliced, pulled, or chopped turkey is acceptable in an entry; ground turkey is NOT an acceptable entry. Turkey may be presented with or without skin.
Each contestant will be provided complimentary turkey product, typically a boneless skin-on breast, with the exact cut to be determined with the Organizer prior to the contest. Contestants are encouraged to use the product provided, but are welcome to utilize their own turkey product, provided it is not ground turkey. All contestant-provided proteins are subject to meat inspection.
All KCBS Master Series Rules and Regulations shall apply with the following exceptions:
A food thermometer shall be used to ensure a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 F has been reached.
Accompanying or complementary edible ingredients ARE allowed (e.g., mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, relish, fruits, vegetables, cheese, bread, etc.). If used, these shall be part of the individual serving portions and cannot be used as a container garnish.
Clearly identifiable toothpicks and skewers are also allowed.
Please contact the contest‘s KCBS Rep with any additional questions.
Sponsorship package available upon request. There are unique opportunities to sponsor for everyone's budget. Sponsorships range from $500 - $5,000.
Promote your products and services today. Email for your sponsorship package to
VENDORS - NON BBQ
If you are not competing in the BBQ Contest you can still sell and/or promote at the event. Vendors can sell BBQ and other food items that are approved by All American Smokers. To have your item (s) approved please send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure and describe what you will be selling in your booth. Please be sure and read Vendor Rules at the top of the page.
Showcase your products at the All American Expo Pavillion. The general public can attend for free and you have access to teams and judges to promote your products. Spaces from 10 X 10 and larger. Spaces are limited, reserve yours today.